11 May 2020

Catalyst by Tracy Richardson REVIEW

Summary:

This summer, high school junior Marcie Horton is working at Angel Mounds, the archaeological dig her mother heads, along with her brother, Eric, and his girlfriend, Renee. The dig is the site of an ancient indigenous civilization, and things immediately shift into the paranormal when Marcie and her teammates meet Lorraine and Zeke. The two mysterious dig assistants reveal their abilities to access the Universal Energy Field with their minds--something Marcie knows only vaguely that her brother has also had experience with. Marcie learns how our planet will disintegrate if action is not taken, and she and her team must decide if they are brave enough to help Lorraine and Zeke in their plan to save Mother Earth, her resources, and her history.

My Thoughts:

I went into this not knowing if I would like or hate it. I am glad to say that I really liked it.
It was really cool to follow Marcie through this journey. She is able to see spirits (?) of the past at the site and even before working there. I loved the dynamic between Marcie and Leo; I was actually convinced that they were a couple, unlike other couples in some other books. I would love to know more about the dimensions and powers that were briefly discussed in this novel. I hope there will be a sequel, because there is so much that the author could do with this world she built. The book is also informative about fracking, and the problems it causes. There were some spelling and grammar errors, but it was an ARC, so that was expected.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a fast but good read.

My Rating: 4.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment