25 October 2015

You Were Here by Cori McCarthy REVIEW



My Thoughts:

This book is realistic fiction--and I don't normally read realistic fiction because I almost never like it.
This book was really strange.
Jaycee (the main character) is barely ok. She isn't dealing well with her brother's death (he died five years ago). So she goes to his secret hideouts and does the dares he did--even the one that got him killed. Her best friend abandoned her after his death, and she only has one "friend" that she sees once a year on the anniversary of her brother's death--Mik.
A number of people join her: her ex-best friend, her former friend's boyfriend, a new person in town, and Mik.
And Jaycee finally realizes that it might be better to not be depressed about her brother's death all the time.
This book was ok.
But there was way too much swearing and inappropriate stuff.
Also, I feel as if the end was strange.

My Rating: 1 star

**I received this as an ebook from NETGALLEY for my honest review. Thank you!**

No comments:

Post a Comment