17 October 2015

The Compound by S. A. Bodeen REVIEW


Summary:

Eli and his family have lived in the Compound for six years. The world they knew is gone. Eli's father built the Compound to keep them safe. Now, they can't get out. He won't let them.

"Dad asked me if I wanted to see more of the Compound.
I didn't. We would have to wait fifteen years before it would be safe to go outside. Which left more than enough time to see the rest of the Compound.
Our new world.

A world I would soon hate."


My Thoughts:

I had heard of the author going to an event. I had never heard of her books, so I picked this one up because it sounded interesting, and because I wanted to read at least one book by an author who would be at that event.
This book was good.
But it was also confusing.
Eli's father was lying about the world ending (or whatever his excuse was for building the Compound).
So this book was kind of pointless.
But it was still good.

My Rating: 4 stars
The author's website is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment