30 July 2017

The Enemy by Charlie Higson REVIEW


Summary:

When the sickness came, every parent, police officer, politician--every adult--fell ill.Only children under fourteen remain, and they're fighting to survive.
Now there are rumors of a safe place to hide. And so a gang of children begin their quest across London, where all through the city--down alleyways, in deserted homes, underground--the grown ups lie in wait. But can they make it there--alive?

My Thoughts:

You probably noticed I read The Dead (book two) before this, not knowing it was a part of a series. And although it could work as a stand-alone, this book kind of clears up the backround story of what happened before then.
It was a very well written book. In my mind, I could see everything happening. There were enough details for you to picture the story without using too much. Also, it was interesting how adults could stay human if they stayed inside--and became cannibals (fattened up and ate children) so they could have meat. Not to mention the author's willingness to kill off a very beloved character--several, actually.
The story was pretty captivating, too. I don't usually read zombie books, but these are some of the best I've ever read.
I'll most likely check out the other books in this series, too, at somepoint.

My Rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment