01 October 2016

Jackaby by William Ritter REVIEW


Summary:

Newly arrived in New Fiddleham, New England, 1892, and in need of a job, Abigail Rook meets R. F. Jackaby, an investigator of the unexplained with a keen eye for the extraordinary--including the ability to see supernatural beings. Abigail has a gift for noticing ordinary but important details, which makes her perfect for the position of Jackaby's assistant. On her first day, Abigail finds herself in the midst of a thrilling case: a serial killer is on the loose. The police are convinced it's an ordinary villain, but Jackaby is certain the foul deeds are the work of the kind of creature whose very existence the local authorities--with the exception of a handsome young detective named Charlie Cane--seem adamant to deny.

My Thoughts:

I got this book during the summer reading program at my library (a long time ago, I know) and didn't read it until now, although I kind of wish I read it earlier, because it was so good.
It has been a really long time since I have read a mystery this good and as impossible to put down.
The only part I would like to read more about is Abigail's reason for going to New Fiddleham. Was something wrong with where she was living? Did something happen there that made her want to leave? Or did she just really want to go there?

My Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment