24 September 2016

The Wish by Beverly Lewis REVIEW


Summary:

Leona Speicher got the "sister" she always dreamed of the day Gloria Gingerich and her family moved to Lancaster County. The Arkansas newcomers seem to be the answer to Leona's prayers--until Gloria's father is expelled from their Old Order Amish church for reasons no one will discuss. Much to Leona's dismay, the Gingeriches suddenly pack up and disappear. Then, after a silence of several years, Gloria unexpectedly contacts Leona, who makes up her mind to go after her friend. Yet Leona's fiancee--the deacon's son--is alarmed. Will Leona's dearest wish lead to her own undoing?

"'You really think this is a gut idea, goin' clear out there, spendin' time with folk who've left the People?' 
Leona wondered if she was getting the carriage before the horse. Even so, she was willing to do whatever she could to bring Gloria back home--where she belonged."

My Thoughts:

*Fun Fact: My class is taking a trip to Lancaster this year*
I picked up this book not really knowing what to expect, and I was pleasantly surprised by it.
I'm not a huge romance fan, so the fact that there was very little romance helped a lot. The story really dragged me into it and I could almost never put it down.
I would totally recommend this book to people who are interested in Amish fiction but also to those who might not be into this kind of book because it was really interesting.

My Rating: 5 stars

**I received this book from Bethany House Publishers for my honest review. Thank you!!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment