03 July 2016

I Become Shadow by Joe Shine REVIEW

Summary:

When Ren Sharpe was 14, she was kidnapped by a shadowy organization called FATE and trained to be a human weapon.
Now, four years later, she receives her assignment: protect Gareth Young at all costs. Currently a student at Texas A & M, Gareth will someday change the world. FATE calls people like Gareth "FIPs"--future important people--and they're everywhere, each with a FATE-trained shadow.
But when disaster strikes, Ren will have to turn on her maker. Together with Junie, a fellow abductee and the one person she trusts, Ren takes Gareth on the run.
Because whatever else happens, failure is not an option.

My Thoughts:

This book was SO GOOD. It's been a long time since I've read a spy novel, and this one was so good that I want it to be made into a movie, even though the movie would change everything. I want to see the fight scenes:).
Ren is kinda like me. She's a bit of a nerd, although not too nerdy, she's quiet, and she doesn't have many friends.
Then she's kidnapped.
I really wish the author had made the training sequences Ren had to do a bit longer, because that is usually my favorite part of the story. Other than that, I have no complaints. Ren was a really strong character, but it seems that she either likes two guys? Or two guys like her? That part was confusing.
It would be nice if there was a part of the book where we would see how/when/why FATE was originally founded. Maybe it didn't used to be corrupted?

My Rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment