26 May 2016

Arena 1 by Morgan Rice REVIEW



My Thoughts:

I got this book for free off of Amazon with high expectations. 
When I started reading this book, I was a bit disappointed; since the beginning  really dragged on a lot, but then, as I got about halfway through the book, I realized that it was a sort of introduction, telling us readers a bit about the world the main character (Brooke Moore) lives in, which is far in the future.
While it got better later on, the feelings of one of the characters, the boy she leaves with to go after her sister (who was kidnapped by slavedrivers), seemed to have feelings for her, but it's never plainly said. Brooke seems to like the boy she meets who helps her escape from being captured, but nothing happens between them, which I enjoyed, because way too many books these days have a lot of unneeded romance. The end was satisfying, but the talk of how 'Arena 2' is somehow worse than Arena 1 was strange, because the same words were used to describe Arena 1 in the beginning: No one survives.

My Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment