24 April 2016

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare REVIEW


Mortal Instruments series: Book One
Summary:

When Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder--much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with odd markings. 
This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons and keeping the odd werewolves and vampires in line. It's also her first meeting with gorgeous, golden-haired Jace. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in an ordinary girl like Clary? And how did she suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know . . .

My Thoughts:

I know there's a movie based off this book, but I haven't seen it. I usually prefer to read the book first.
Anyway, I was kind of drawn to this book, I guess it's been on my to read list for a while, but I didn't realize it.
This book was really good. And the plot twists, like Jace being her thought-to-be-dead brother she never knew she had? Wow. I never would have thought of that. (and no, I'm not being sarcastic)
Although it was good, a lot of it was pretty boring, because nothing was really happening.

My Rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment