26 September 2015

Towering by Alex Flinn REVIEW


Summary:

High in my tower I sit. I watch the birds fly below, the clouds float above, and the tall, green forest stretch to places I might never see.
Mama, who isn't my real mother, has kept me hidden away for many years. My only companions, besides Mama, are my books - great adventures, mysteries, and romances that I long to make my reality. But I know that no one will come to save me - my life is not a fairy tale after all.
Well, at least no one has come so far. Recently, my hair has started to grow rapidly, and now it's long enough to reach the bottom of the tower from my window. I've also had the strangest dreams of a beautiful, green-eyed man.
When Mama isn't around, I plan my escape, even if it's just for a little while. There's something - maybe someone - waiting for me out there and it won't find me if I'm trapped here towering above it all.

My Thoughts:

I was excited to read this book. After I read it, I realized that it doesn't seem like a fairy tale retelling at all. But I did like it a little. It was good at first but then wasn't as good later on in the book.

-But at one point Wyatt is with a random girl on New Year's and they get kind of inappropriate and they just met . . .

My Rating: 3 stars
The author's website is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment