10 February 2024

Recreational Panic: Stories by Sonora Taylor REVIEW

 Summary:


Fear is so much a part of our lives that instead of running away from it, we're finding ways to relax with it. Could it be through a true crime obsession that leads to stalking, or a camp song sung with murderous intent? Maybe it's better suited in an unwieldy email chain, or making crafts with materials dug from the grave. It could even be as simple as petting a kitten - whether it's truly a kitten remains far from simple . . .


My Thoughts:


I flew right through this book. A collection of short stories is a hit or miss, and this was definitely a hit. 

While a couple stories fell flat to me, the majority were intriguing and fun to read. My favorites were definitely "Harvey Carver", "Easy Bake", "Laughter in the Night", "From Scratch", "Bones Into Blood", and "Salty Air".

Sonora Taylor does a fantastic job with her writing. The vivid imagery is arguably the best part of these stories.

I would whole-heartedly recommend this anthology to any horror fan.


My Rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment