16 October 2022

Everything Will Be All Right In the End by Paul Michael Anderson REVIEW

My Thoughts:

Short story collections, as you probably know by now, are very difficult to review/rate. But I did fall in love with Anderson's writing.
One of my favorites is "The One Thing I Wished For You". It revolves around a new father, who wants to protect his newborn child whatever the cost. His wish was for her not to feel pain, and it was granted by a mysterious man. Instead of his child feeling the pain, he would. But he learns later what a curse that is when his daughter grows up and dates an abusive man. That meant she would not feel the pain, and it ended up killing her. But the end showed that it was only a vision of what could happen.
Another favorite is "A Questionable Act of Compassion", where a girl (who seems to be artificially made) is being experimented on by two doctors, one of which is kind. She ends up escaping on her own.
Other notable favorites include "Requiem Is A Vocab Term",  "Well, You Asked For A Miracle", and "I Can Give You Life".
I would wholeheartedly recommend this book.

My Rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment