21 November 2016

The Crown by Kiera Cass REVIEW


The Selection series: Book Five
Summary:

When Eadlyn became the first princess of Illea to hold her own Selection, she didn't think she would fall in love with any of her thirty-five suitors. She spent the first few weeks of the competition counting down the days until she could send them all home. But as events at the palace force Eadlyn even further into the spotlight, she realizes that she might not be content remaining alone.
Eadlyn still isn't sure she'll find the fairy-tale ending her parents did twenty years ago. But sometimes the heart has a way of surprising you . . .and soon Eadlyn must make a choice that feels more impossible--and more important--than she ever imagined.

My Thoughts:

I finally finished this series after I kept forgetting to read this book .. . .
I did like this book a lot better than the previous one, The Heir. 
What I liked is that Eadlyn didn't fall in love with one of the suitors, she fell in love with the translator of Henri. And she thought it was impossible to have a relationship with him . . .but it actually happened. In a way, he is like Aspen, but the total opposite circumstances, the fact that I liked him better than Aspen, and that he actually got the girl.
However, I do think the ending was a bit rushed. And the fact that the author made two of the suitors gay for each other was . . .weird? If she was going to do that, she could have not made it a last-second decision, because that's what it seemed like (rushed/forced).

My Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment